Do I need to Downsize?
How do you know you’re ready to downsize?
Here are some of the reasons why you may find it time to downsize.
- There are more days that you are thinking of moving then staying.
- You are dreaming of travelling or starting a new hobby.
- It’s getting harder to maintain the yard and chores around the house.
- Gardening is not as enjoyable as it once was.
- Your spending more time at your hobbies or volunteering then enjoying your home
- You’re not using half of the house.
- Your kids or family are using your home for storage.
- Family is not visiting and using the space you have saved for them.
- You don’t feel connected in the neighbourhood anymore
- You are ready to let go of your “stuff”
Advantages of downsizing:
- Equity – Usually, you are going to a smaller property and the equity you have can be invested or used for play..do I hear travelling anyone?
- No more shovelling, snow ploughing or large projects taking up your precious time.
- Less to clean…Yeehaw!
- When downsizing many choose to forgo the stairs and your body will thank you.
- Have family who only visit when they need a place to stay. This is a good reason to not have a spare room for them that gets used twice a year.
- Your kids can’t move back.
- Would you like to walk to cafe’s, walk the in-town parks and be closer to shopping?
- You get to explore and meet new people in a different neighbourhood.
- You get to purge, purge, purge. This gives me goosebumps because I love purging.
- Sometimes you need the change to start fresh.
Downsizing is a big decision. I have helped many families navigate this process. Give me a call or send me a email and we can chat if you want help in deciding what your best option is. 613-315-5966 email@example.com